Monday, December 20, 2010

Golden Maple

The soul of the house becomes more reflective this time of year. It is meditative. The maples are the first to let me know. Well, actually, it was Autumn's light that was the first to tell of the need to change gears and settle back. To cook slow foods, put on Cd's in the evenings after work as I putter around doing chores, wander around the yard during the last of her light's glow in the evening to the final day's bidding of the cardinals.

But, to visibly see this soulful change in the Maple is always astounding. Sure, I see the color change of tree leaves as I travel along the highways. But, She is my maple. And, She is going into her meditation for the next few months. I will follow. I am a follower of nature.




 



Anything that is created must sooner or later die.
Enlightenment is permanent because we have not produced it; we have merely discovered it.
Chogyam Trungpa 



 


Let your love flow outward through the universe,
To its height, its depth, its broad extent,
A limitless love, without hatred or enmity.
Then as you stand or walk,
Sit or lie down,
As long as you are awake,
Strive for this with a one-pointed mind;
Your life will bring heaven to earth.
Sutta Nipata




I had to buy a new cedar for the house. Tom and I bring a potted live one in on the first day of Winter each year. The one we have brought in the last few years has gotten too big. It is retired to stay in the yard year round. After I decorate the new one, I'll take pictures and blog them.


Peace.
Brianne

No comments:

Post a Comment